Hosted by industry professionals and the International Franchise Association, WednesdayWise Webinars is a monthly series of informative, interactive seminars that helps franchises run their businesses better. This month’s session was presented by Matthew Job of Local Search Masters and focused on strategies that franchise systems can apply on LinkedIn to improve their ability to 1) generate more franchise leads and 2) nurture franchise leads into new franchise sales.
Key Takeaways from IFA Presentation
1. LinkedIn can have a huge impact on your ability to generate franchise leads. Whether or not that impact is positive or negative however, is completely up to how you’re using it.
2. Review your competitors’ profiles to earn a better understanding of how they’re positioning themselves toward your target audience.
3. Develop a showcase page that revolves around your franchise opportunity.
4. Regularly post educational, informative content (good press) about your franchise system on your company’s LinkedIn profile page and your franchise opportunity showcase page.
5. Use sponsored updates to maximize post visibility. Example of when to use it: promoting your attendance at franchise expositions and promoting your expansion into a new market.
6. Engage with LinkedIn Groups related to your target audience in order to keep top of mind with people that may be good franchise lead opportunities in time.
7. Purchase one of LinkedIn’s premium packages.
8. Get your employees to share the updates that are posted on your company’s LinkedIn profile or your company’s franchise opportunity showcase page to maximize exposure.
9. Posting your good press on LinkedIn allows you to increase the longevity of the content, as well as get it in front of more quality eye-balls.
10. Use conversion goals in Google Analytics to help track the amount of web leads you receive that originated from LinkedIn.
11. Make your blog posts shareable via LinkedIn as well in case someone checks out one of your blog posts and decides to share it on their own newsfeed; you want to make it as easy as possible for people to find, read and share your content.
The next WednesdayWise Webinar session will be help March 5th. For more information, please click here.
UPDATED (8/29/2014): this webinar for the International Franchise Association prompted Entrepreneur to have an article written on the subject of using LinkedIn to boost franchise sales, which can be found here.