- Google is now applying filters to reward businesses that are not only physically closest to searchers but that also are optimizing their web presence for search far better than anyone else.
- More chances to rank highly. If your site is SEO-optimized, then Google will let it rank on more localized searches regardless of your physical location. For example: when I search “tennis store Nashville,” I now see a store located in Franklin (16 miles outside of Nashville) rank #2 in the Local 3-Pack search results.
- Greater competition for high organic rankings. It’s even more important to have an SEO-optimized web presence to prevent other businesses from overtaking your position in the search results.
- We’ll review your rankings and investigate 1) new search queries you may want to try and rank for and 2) which competitors may start challenging you for rankings more often. It’s updates like this that help demonstrate the value of an award-winning SEO agency!
- Google’s Knowledge Graph now shows reviews about your business from multiple sources, not just from Google. For example, if you search for “Massage Envy Green Hills” and look at their location’s Knowledge Graph, you’ll see their composite review scores on Facebook, Foursquare and YP.com. If you type in “CertaPro Nashville” you’ll see their composite review scores on Home Advisor and Customer Lobby.
What This Means For You
- It’s even easier for people to see multiple reviews about your business.
- We’ll check out which composite review scores show up in your Knowledge Graph. It’ll then be your job to acquire more positive reviews about your business on those respective websites. Need advice on how to acquire more reviews from customers? Ask your account manager.
- A recent study was discussed at SMX East 2016. It showed that the most important factor for getting a website to rank in the Local 3-Pack / Map search results is having excellent inbound links. It accounts for 50% of the ranking equation, with various link metrics taking 10 of the top 15 ranking factors.
- This reiterates the importance of link building for SEO purposes. Without consistently getting new, quality websites to link back to your website, you won’t be able to obtain/maintain high rankings on competitive search queries.
- You’re ahead of the curve because you’re paying us to build links to your website. To acquire a few more quality, local links to your website, watch this video we made at Google HQ about 9 “low hanging fruit” link building opportunities for small businesses, and then get back with us on how we can work together to develop these links.
LSM’s portfolio of work with Amazing Lash Studio, a national eyelash extension franchise brand, was named a finalist for the ‘Best SEO Initiative – Small Business award at the 2016 Landy Awards. Presented by leading industry publication, Search Engine Land, the Landy Awards recognize individuals, agencies and Internet marketing teams who demonstrate excellence in organic and paid search marketing initiatives.
For LSM, it feels like we’ve been nominated for an Oscar! It wouldn’t have been possible to earn this recognition without the excellent communication and support provided by the folks at Amazing Lash Studio, so behalf of everyone at Local Search Masters: