We’re in the midst of unprecedented times, and uncertainty surrounds nearly every aspect of life right now. The impact of COVID-19 on businesses has been catastrophic, and many aren’t sure how to move forward. Despite the current environment, there are still opportunities to grow your online presence and show your customers how you can help. In this blog, we’ll share ideas for optimizing your marketing strategies to reflect our “new normal.”
Communicate With Your Customers
While businesses change their hours and services to ensure the safety of their customers and employees, it is essential to provide consistent communication for your customers. Customers will look to your website, social media, and Google My Business page to see how you are changing and responding to COVID-19.
Here are a few ways to communicate with your customers:
- Create a “COVID-19 Response” for your website homepage, social media accounts, Google My Business, and email to show customers what you are doing to keep them and your employees safe
- Be empathetic and mindful in your communication; keep local context in mind
- As additional changes to your hours and/or services occur, communicate them immediately through all channels
- Quickly respond to reviews, social media comments, and messages from customers
- Stay true to your brand while being authentic and transparent
Reassess Advertising Campaigns
With information rapidly changing, your business should reassess ad campaigns on a daily basis. The campaign you planned last month may not be appropriate today. For example, if your ad references going out with friends, it will be essentially irrelevant.
Get creative with your ads. If you have a service or product that is especially relevant during this time, utilize your new campaign to reflect this. Now more than ever, you have an opportunity to show your community that you are there for them.
Some more campaign tips:
- If you are bidding solely toward Store Visits on some campaigns, look into including other conversion metrics while stores are closed
- Maximize your ad budget by reallocating to those that have higher ROIs
- Add high-volume industry keywords, hot-sale category keywords, and generic product keywords to your campaigns
- Consistently review campaign performance and adjust accordingly
Create New Content
As social distancing measures are extended, people are consuming more content than ever. Creating new content and optimizing older content can help your business maintain and even grow its presence.
Here are a few ways to optimize your content:
- Use Google Trends to check top keywords for your industry and region
- Post engaging, relevant blogs using these keywords
- Update the content currently on your website to reflect any changes to your business
- Create social media content that users can engage with: photo contests, trivia, staff features, etc.
- If your business is doing something to assist your community, write about it — make a blog, post pictures to social media, and engage with your followers
Our current situation is only temporary. When we return to normal, customers will get back into their fitness routines, return to their favorite restaurants, and reschedule medical appointments. While your business may not be able to function at full capacity, it’s important to continue to engage with your community while optimizing your campaigns and content. This can position you to maintain your presence in your community and return to normal as soon as possible.
LSM is here to help you navigate your digital advertising, SEO, and content marketing strategies during the COVID-19 crisis. Contact LSM today and discover how we can help your business through this time and to think ahead for the future!