Take a minute to learn about what’s new in digital marketing!
Google+ Shutting Down. Google My Business = Future
- Google is shutting down their failed Google+ network and focusing their attention on Google My Business (GMB). The most recent improvement to GMB is a follow button that appears on a business’ Google My Business listing (see GIF above). This button (in beta at the moment) allows people to ‘follow’ their favorite businesses and see their past/future Google posts.
What This Means For You
- This is another example of how Google is transforming their Google My Business platform into a “one-stop shop” for users. Think about it….
- SOCIAL = Google Posts, Google Follow & Google Q&A
- PROMOTIONS = Google PPC & Display Ads
- CUSTOMER FEEDBACK = Google Reviews
- BUSINESS DIRECTORY = Google Local, Google My Business
- DIRECTIONS = Google Maps
We expect the ‘follower’ button to become another important component of GMB and, eventually, an SEO ranking factor (GMB accounts for approximately 25% of the local pack rankings).
- We’re always optimizing our clients’ Google My Business listings with the latest updates (see our TITLE Boxing Club case study). We’ll be in touch with our clients on recommended action plans when this button officially launches to the public.
LSM Recognized at Google Premier Partner Awards
LSM’s work was recognized for the ‘Growing Businesses Online’ award at the 2018 Google Premier Partner Awards in NYC (we were a finalist this year after winning in 2017). Less than 1% of Google’s Partner agencies are recognized at the Premier Partner Awards, and LSM is the ONLY AGENCY IN THE WORLD to be honored for this award in two consecutive years! Cheers!
“LSM showed us that Facebook’s lead generation campaigns work”
Cait Rechel – Multi-Unit Owner – Pure Barre Chicago Co-Op
Win Tickets to Wimbledon 2019!
Click here to register for Wimbledon’s overseas ticket ballot. Winners receive the chance to purchase two seats at the 2019 tournament. Hurry because the deadline to enter is Dec 12th! Good luck!